The Road Home: Smoothing the Transition Back From Deployment
The Road Home is the newest addition to the I'm Already Home book series which is widely used by more than 56,000 military families. This comprehensive resource meets the specific needs of families in all branches of service transitioning back to "real life" as their service member returns from deployment. Many military families struggle with both the joys and challenges of the reintegration process and they're looking for answers. Continuing in the tradition of supplying great information, stories and support websites to service families, The Road Home helps you quickly find information about the issues and concerns that are personal to you! Some of what you'll find in The Road Home: Homecoming - beyond the balloons and parties; "What do you mean by that?" - Improving communication; "But Dad said I could!" - Tackling discipline while maintaining a united front; "How the heck did my butt get so big?" - Image, sex and intimacy; "Am I normal?" - Adjusting to your new normal; "What do I do now?" - Getting back in the swing of things with family, job and community; "I did not sign up for this!" - Combat Stress, PTSD, wounded warriors, dealing with loss; "You need attention too" - The unique needs of blended families, single service members and extended families...plus so much more! You'll also find over 250 military focused web resources and military discounts for continued assistance. Reunion isn't all about balloons and parties--it just starts there. During your tour of duty things changed...as they had to. Now it's your job to adjust to those changes, find your family's "new" normal, and settle back into your life together. The Road Home is the beginning of your journey.
- Author: Elaine Gray Dumler
- Publication Date: 2009-03-20
- Publisher: Frankly Speaking, Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Frankly Speaking, Inc.
- Binding: Paperback, 247 pages
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 830L x 550W x 60H
- Weight: 80
- List Price: $14.95
- ISBN: 0974035920
- ASIN: 0974035920
- Big Boss Brain: Learning About Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Courage After Fire: Coping Strategies for Troops Returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and Their Families
- 1001 Things to Love About Military Life
- Our Daddy Is Invincible!
- Separated By Duty, United In Love (revised): Guide to Long Distance Relationships for Military Couples (Updated)