Twelve-year-old Nicolas de La Salle and his family sailed to La Louisiane (French Louisiana) with Governor Iberville to start a French settlement on the Gulf coast. Nicolas's father was with the explorer, Robert Cavelier de La Salle, when he reached the mouth of the Mississippi River in 1682 and claimed the vast territory for France.
Now with high hopes for a better life, Nicolas's family has come to La Mobile to help the young leader, Bienville, build the capital of La Louisiane. Will Nicolas be able to live up to his father's expectations and become brave and trustworthy? Will he solve the mystery of the massacre?
Massacre Island is present-day Dauphin Island, Alabama.
- Author: Anne Chancey Dalton
- Publication Date: 2002-01-01
- Publisher: Black Swans Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Black Swans Books
- Binding: Hardcover, 190 pages
- Brand: Brand: Black Swans Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 860L x 560W x 80H
- Weight: 90
- List Price: $17.95
- ISBN: 0970953402
- ASIN: 0970953402