Outlaws in Vietnam: 1966-67 in the Delta
Ride a Huey with the Outlaws of the 175th Aviation Company (AML) in the Mekong Delta and experience a first-hand first Lieutenant's account of a tour in Vietnam from 1966-1967. David Eastman's lively prose reveals an exciting untold story of camaraderie, competence and fellowship.
EXCERPT: "The Delta night rang out with sounds and muzzle flashes from the firefight being waged far below our circling Huey. The Viet Cong were in a treeline next to a cleared area immediately under the ship. At 2,500 feet, we were safely watching the forces engaged below. As usual, the cool air at altitude relieved us from the tepid, 80-to-90-degree temperature on the ground, where troops traded fire with the VC element they were in contact with.
I smoked another cigarette, a menthol-laced Salem, as Andy, my copilot, turned the ship in another racetrack turn, using up time at our assigned place in the sky until the brass told us to go in for the medevac for which we'd been called out. For a new guy, my peter pilot was handling the bird well, and I could tell, even across the cockpit, that he felt my acknowledgment of his growing skills with this D-model."
- Author: David Eastman
- Publication Date: 2006-04-01
- Publisher: Peter E. Randall Publisher
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Peter E. Randall Publisher
- Binding: Paperback, 472 pages
- Brand: Brand: Peter E. Randall Publisher
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 600W x 110H
- Weight: 100
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 590W x 120H
- Weight: 150
- List Price: $25.00
- ISBN: 0914339974
- ASIN: 0914339974
- "We Gotta Get Out of This Place"
- Rattler One-Seven: A Vietnam Helicopter Pilot’s War Story (North Texas Military Biography and Memoir Series)
- Price of Exit: A True Story of Helicopter Pilots in Vietnam
- Lest We Forget: The Kingsmen, 101st Aviation Battalion, 1968
- To the Limit: An Air Cav Huey Pilot in Vietnam