Northrop's YF-17 Cobra: A Pictorial History (Schiffer Military/Aviation History)
The Northrop YF-17 holds a special place in aircraft history. The YF-17 was one of the two prototypes tested in the U.S. Air Force Air Combat Fighter competition, a program which attempted to reverse the trend of increasing cost and complexity of new fighter aircraft, and which resulted in the selection and manufacture of the F-16 as the next generation free world fighter. Even though the YF-17 lost the USAF competition, it was the prototype for the U.S. Navy's F/A-18 aircraft. Don Logan is also the author of Rockwell B-1B: SAC's Last Bomber, The 388th Tactical Fighter Wing: At Korat Royal Thai Air Force Base 1972, and Northrop's T-38 Talon: A Pictorial History(all three available from Schiffer Publishing Ltd.).
- Author: Don Logan
- Publication Date: 2004-01-01
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Paperback, 64 pages
- Brand: Brand: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 50L x 875W x 1125H
- Weight: 0
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1080L x 830W x 30H
- Weight: 75
- List Price: $19.95
- ISBN: 0887409105
- ASIN: 0887409105