U.S. Guided Missiles
Until now, there has never been a comprehensive number-by-number encyclopedic directory of every single U.S. guided missile system ever built. This book covers the exotic winged cruise missiles of the Cold War, the air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons used in Vietnam and Desert Storm, Navy air-defense interceptor missiles, all the ICBMs, plus secret projects and little known types that will intrigue any military history buff.
Illustrated with excellent archival and contemporary photography, this book features every single U.S. guided missile, with special coverage of the famous jet-powered winged missiles of the 1950s cult Cold War.
Some entries are presented one-to-a-page while other more well known missiles like the famed Nike series and Atlas ICBMs are covered over several pages with ample photo spreads. This book will serve as the premier reference for anyone interested in any era of U.S. guided missile technology.
- Author: Bill Yenne
- Publication Date: 2012-12-27
- Publisher: Crecy Publishing
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Crecy Publishing
- Binding: Hardcover, 160 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 0L x 902W x 1150H
- Weight: 260
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1110L x 882W x 71H
- Weight: 273
- List Price: $34.95
- ISBN: 0859791629
- ASIN: 0859791629
- American Missiles: The Complete Smithsonian Field Guide
- Postwar Air Weapons: 1945-Present (Essential Weapons Identification Guides)
- Project Terminated: Famous Military Aircraft Cancellations of the Cold War and What Might Have Been
- Secret U.S. Proposals of the Cold War
- The 377 Stratocruiser & KC-97 Stratofreighter: Boeing's Great Post War Transports