Fighter Group: The 352nd Blue-Nosed Bastards in World War II
Winner of the San Diego Book Award for History.
As described by award-winning author Jay A. Stout, the 352nd Fighter Group was one of the Eighth Air Force's most successful fighter units and counted history's two top-scoring P-51 aces among its ranks. This book--the most comprehensive work ever to cover the actions of a single USAAF fighter unit--details the air actions of not only the group's notable aces, but also the rank-and-file fliers who carried the bulk of the load. It describes the 352nd's activities from its formation at the close of 1942, its movement to England and its combat operations flying P-47s and P-51s against the Third Reich.
Although the book covers the unit's actions as a whole, it also follows several pilots in detail. Rich descriptions of tactics and equipment, personal reflections, letters home, amusing anecdotes and, of course, detailed descriptions of air combat. Not simply an award-winning historian, Stout draws from his own combat experience as a fighter pilot to make these discussions credible, interesting and real.
420+ pages, bibliography, index, end notes and two separate photo sections.
Jay A. Stout breaks new ground in World War II aviation history with this gripping account of one of the war's most highly decorated American fighter groups
- Author: LtCol (Ret) Jay A. Stout
- Publication Date: 2012-10-01
- Publisher: Stackpole Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Stackpole Books
- Binding: Hardcover, 432 pages
- Brand: Brand: Stackpole Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 150W x 900H
- Weight: 155
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 620W x 160H
- Weight: 170
- List Price: $28.95
- ISBN: 0811705773
- ASIN: 0811705773
- Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe: The U.S. Army Air Forces Against Germany in World War II
- Hell's Angels: The True Story of the 303rd Bomb Group in World War II
- The Fight in the Clouds: The Extraordinary Combat Experience of P-51 Mustang Pilots During World War II
- A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World W ar II
- Unsung Eagles: True Stories of America's Citizen Airmen in the Skies of World War II