Hard to Forget : An American with the Mobile Guerrilla Force in Vietnam
Welcome to Mobile Guerrilla Force (MGF):
Prepare to be outmanned, outgunned, and deep in enemy territory--with no chance of artillery support or medevac. . . .
In 1966, U.S. Army Captain and Green Beret Steven M. Yedinak volunteered to lead what became the Mobile Guerrilla Force, one of the most effective fighting forces ever assembled for duty in Vietnam. Now the top secret missions conducted by the MGF have finally been declassified, allowing him to reveal the secrets behind MGF's harrowing maneuvers.
Unlike the LRRPs' five-day "walks in the woods," the MGF Green Berets led well-trained, superbly disciplined Cambodian guerrillas deep into the North Vietnamese Army's secret base areas for four to six weeks at a time without artillery or close air support, and with damn little hope of a helicopter medevac. In the highly successful Blackjack-31 mission alone, the Mobile Guerrilla Force survived fifty-two enemy engagements while capturing prisoners, booby-trapping base camps, and gathering intelligence on NVA movements. Yedinak shares a heart-pounding, intensely personal account of the war they waged and the peace he ultimately sought. . . .
- Author: Steven M. Yedinak
- Publication Date: 2009-08-01
- Publisher: SMY Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: SMY Books
- Binding: Mass Market Paperback, 296 pages
- Brand: Brand: SMY Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 670L x 420W x 90H
- Weight: 25
- List Price: $14.00
- ISBN: 0804118094
- ASIN: 0804118094
- Blackjack-33: With Special Forces in the Viet Cong Forbidden Zone
- Mobile Guerrilla Force: With The Special Forces In War Zone D
- Blackjack-34 (previously titled No Greater Love): One Deadly Day of Courage, Carnage, and Ultimate Sacrifice for the Mobile Guerrilla Force in Vietnam
- Never Without Heroes: Marine Third Reconnaissance Battalion in Vietnam, 1965-70
- The Ether Zone: U.S. Army Special Forces Detachment B-52, Project Delta