Revolutionary Rangers: Daniel Morgan's Riflemen and Their Role on the Northern Frontier, 1778-1783
Revolutionary Rangers: Daniel Morgan’s Riflemen and Their Role on the Northern Frontier, 1778-1783 – Richard B. LaCrosse, Jr. with introduction by Harry Kels Swan. Strengthen your understanding of the colonial struggle for independence with this book about the campaigns and exploits of the riflemen during these critical years of the Revolution, with special emphasis on the New York State frontier.
Here is the complete account of the riflemen and their weapons; the formation and battle record of this elite regiment; activities in Schoharie, Onoquaga and Unadilla; and during Sullivan’s campaign against the Iroquois. Biographical sketches detail the careers of the officers and men. Of special interest is an analysis of the myths versus the facts regarding the life of the legendary Timothy Murphy.
Appendices include a biographical sketch of Captain Jacob Hager; some new research on clothing; dress, equipage and firearms of American rifle officers; monuments, landmarks and historical sites associated with the riflemen; and a muster roll of the rifle corps in 1779.
"Author-rifleman Richard LaCrosse, Jr. contributes in this essay a vital but forgotten chapter of our national Revolutionary War history. The role of the riflemen on the American northern frontier from 1777 to 1783, a vital segment in our war for political independence from Great Britain, has not been addressed by national historians. The significance of these farm-bred and trained soldiers, who employed American-made rifles in winning the war along this northern frontier, can now be assessed by students of our Revolution. In this splendid essay, author LaCrosse has contributed a readable and accurate portrait of a little-known and less appreciated segment of the American Revolution."
Illustrated with photos and drawings, contains a fullname index, appendices, endnotes and list of suggested reading. 2002, 221 pp., appends, illus., fullname index, paper
- Author: Richard B. LaCrosse Jr.
- Publication Date: 2002-05-01
- Publisher: Heritage Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Heritage Books
- Binding: Paperback, 221 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 550L x 54W x 850H
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 850L x 550W x 60H
- Weight: 75
- List Price: $21.50
- ISBN: 0788420526
- ASIN: 0788420526
- Daniel Morgan: Revolutionary Rifleman (Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia)
- Special Operations in the American Revolution
- Forest Sentinels - The Gauntlet Runner Book III
- Robert Rogers' Rules for the Ranging Service: An Analysis
- The Swamp Fox: Francis Marion's Campaign in the Carolinas 1780 (Raid)