No Atheists In Foxholes: Reflections and Prayers From the Front
Experience gripping wartime stories and honest prayers by this Camp David chaplain now serving in Iraq.
When words mean less and less, but money talks more and more; when blasphemy is a best seller, and eternal war has replaced hopeful diplomacy; in times like these is prayer even possible? Patrick J. McLaughlin thinks so. McLaughlin is an active duty Navy Chaplain who has ministered to heads of state and to soldiers living and dying in the heat of Iraq.
No Atheists in Foxholes assembles Chaplain McLaughlin's experiences and prayers from e-mails, private notes, and personal conversations that take us real-time into realms of duty and spirit: from the quiet darkness of his infant son's New England bedroom on September 11, 2001, to the bomshelled medical tents and blistered Army Humvees of Anbar Province. Chaplain McLaughlin believes that prayer is not only possible, but critical. "We must all learn to pray for peace," he says, "and then become an answer to that prayer."
- Author: Patrick McLaughlin
- Publication Date: 2010-04-13
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Thomas Nelson
- Binding: Paperback, 270 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 600W x 70H
- Weight: 90
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 610W x 80H
- Weight: 90
- List Price: $14.99
- ISBN: 0785297820
- ASIN: 0785297820
- A Table in the Presence
- The Road to Unafraid: How the Army's Top Ranger Faced Fear and Found Courage through
- Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories from Military Chaplains
- Faith Under Fire: An Army Chaplain's Memoir
- Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown