Desert Boneyards Retired Aircraft Storage Facilities n the U.S. (Schiffer Military History Book)
The Desert Boneyards are a concept well known to every aeronautical enthusiast, and yet also veiled in secrecy. Gigantic desert aerodromes in which military and civilian aircraft from all over the world are stored, either permanently or for a time, in order to serve as sources of spare parts or to be reactivated after a certain time. In this unique photo documentation, the reader is shown the best-known of these desert boneyards in Arizona and California and presented fascinating insights into a world far away from the well-known airports.
- Publication Date: 2010-10-28
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Hardcover, 160 pages
- Brand: Brand: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 75L x 875W x 1100H
- Weight: 244
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1100L x 880W x 60H
- Weight: 245
- List Price: $45.00
- ISBN: 0764336622
- ASIN: 0764336622
- AMARG: America's Military Aircraft Boneyard
- Boneyard Almanac: The History and Current State of America's Largest Aircraft Collection
- 50 Years of the Desert Boneyard: Davis Monthan A.F.B., Arizona
- Surplus WWII U.S. Aircraft
- Boneyard Nose Art: U.S. Military Aircraft Markings and Artwork (Stackpole Military Photo Series)