U.S. Navy PB4Y-1 (B-24) Liberator Squadrons: in Great Britain during World War II (Schiffer Military History Book)
Alan Careys new book, his fifth on USN and USMC bomber units of the Second World War, is the story of U.S. Navy Fleet Air Wing Seven (FAW-7) and the men who flew the Navy version of the Consolidated B-24 Liberator bomber out of Dunkeswell and Upottery, England during World War II. Navy PB4Y-1 Liberator squadrons were unlike their counterparts in the U.S. Armys 8th Air Force, who battled their way through thick flak and swarms of German fighters while flying to and from targets in continental Europe. The job of U.S. Navy PB4Y-1 Liberator aircrews was to keep German U-boats from successfully operating in the Bay of Biscay and the English Channel by going out day after day, often in miserable weather conditions, on unrelenting search and destroy missions. During the war, FAW-7 Liberators were responsible for the sinking of five U-boats and damaging many more.
- Author: Alan C. Carey
- Publication Date: 2003-04-01
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Paperback, 160 pages
- Brand: Brand: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- ISBN13: 9780764317750
- Condition: Used - Very Good
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 854L x 47W x 1102H
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1090L x 830W x 60H
- Weight: 160
- List Price: $29.95
- ISBN: 076431775X
- ASIN: 076431775X
- Above an Angry Sea: United States Navy B-24 Liberator and PBY-2 Privateer Operations in the Pacific o October 1944 - August 1945 (Schiffer Military History)
- We Flew Alone: United States Navy B-24 Squadrons in the Pacific February 1943 to September 1944 (Schiffer Military History)
- The Reluctant Raiders: The Story of United States Navy Bombing Squadron VB/VPB-109 in World War II (Schiffer Military History)
- Night Cats and Corsairs: The Operational History of Grumman and Vought Night Fighter Aircraft 1942-1953
- Crew One: A World War II Memoir of VPB-108