Above an Angry Sea: United States Navy B-24 Liberator and PBY-2 Privateer Operations in the Pacific o October 1944 - August 1945 (Schiffer Military History)
Above an Angry Sea chronicles USN B-24 Liberator (PB4Y-1) and PB4Y-2 Privateer operations in the Pacific. The author's previous book, We Flew Alone, discussed the Navy's use of the B-24 Liberator from February 1943 to September 1944. He now examines in dramatic detail the use of the B-24 and PB4Y-2 during the last eleven months of the war against Japan. The author has collected personal stories, over 200 photographs, a tabulation of all aerial kills credited to PB4Y patrol plane commanders, a roster of all personnel killed in action or in the line of duty, individual squadron records, and a list of all known B-24 Liberators and PB4Y-2 Privateers assigned to the Pacific between 1943 and 1945.
- Author: Alan C. Carey
- Publication Date: 2001-04-01
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Paperback, 160 pages
- Brand: Brand: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1090L x 840W x 60H
- Weight: 172
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1090L x 850W x 50H
- Weight: 170
- List Price: $24.95
- ISBN: 0764312863
- ASIN: 0764312863
- We Flew Alone: United States Navy B-24 Squadrons in the Pacific February 1943 to September 1944 (Schiffer Military History)
- The Reluctant Raiders: The Story of United States Navy Bombing Squadron VB/VPB-109 in World War II (Schiffer Military History)
- Consolidated-Vultee PB4Y-2 Privateer: The Operational History Of The U.s. Navy's World War Ii Patrol/bomber Aircraft
- U.S. Navy PB4Y-1 (B-24) Liberator Squadrons: in Great Britain during World War II (Schiffer Military History Book)
- Crew One: A World War II Memoir of VPB-108