We Flew Alone: United States Navy B-24 Squadrons in the Pacific February 1943 to September 1944 (Schiffer Military History)
We Flew Alone: United States Navy B-24 Liberator Squadrons in the Pacific: February 1943 to September 1944, is the first comprehensive book written on the operations of Navy B-24 Liberator squadrons in the Pacific War. In this first of two volumes, Alan C. Carey, the author of the Reluctant Raiders: The Story of United States Navy Bombing Squadron VB/VPB-109 in World War II, examines the formation and use of the B-24 Liberator by the United States Navy. From the birth of the first squadron and their deployment to Guadalcanal in early 1943 to the squadrons that participated in the Central Pacific campaign, every Navy Liberator squadron is discussed in detail.
- Author: Alan C. Carey
- Publication Date: 2004-01-01
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Paperback, 120 pages
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1090L x 850W x 40H
- Weight: 125
- List Price: $19.95
- ISBN: 0764311700
- ASIN: 0764311700
- Above an Angry Sea: United States Navy B-24 Liberator and PBY-2 Privateer Operations in the Pacific o October 1944 - August 1945 (Schiffer Military History)
- The Reluctant Raiders: The Story of United States Navy Bombing Squadron VB/VPB-109 in World War II (Schiffer Military History)
- Consolidated-Vultee PB4Y-2 Privateer: The Operational History Of The U.s. Navy's World War Ii Patrol/bomber Aircraft
- U.S. Navy PB4Y-1 (B-24) Liberator Squadrons: in Great Britain during World War II (Schiffer Military History Book)
- P-38 Lightning Aces of the 82nd Fighter Group (Aircraft of the Aces)