Convair B-36 Peacemaker: A Photo Chronicle (Schiffer Military History)
Convair B-36 Peacemaker, A Photo Chronicle explores the history of the Strategic Air Command's biggest bomber that helped keep the peace during the early years of the Cold War. The six-engined B-36 - later ten engine - was the first intercontinental bomber that could fly across continents, hit its target, and return to base unrefueled - long a dream of air planners. Presented here through the use of historical photographs is the history of this magnificent airplane, from its origin just prior to America's entry into World War II in 1941, to its final days in 1959 when its last missions were flown. This book will give the reader a concise overview of the story of the Peacemaker in the 1940s-1950s. A serial number listing is included, as well as a list of all ten B-36 bomb wings.
- Author: Meyers K. Jacobsen
- Publication Date: 1999-08-01
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Paperback, 96 pages
- Brand: Brand: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 828L x 1086W x 25H
- Weight: 94
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1080L x 810W x 40H
- Weight: 85
- List Price: $9.95
- ISBN: 0764309749
- ASIN: 0764309749