The Reluctant Raiders: The Story of United States Navy Bombing Squadron VB/VPB-109 in World War II (Schiffer Military History)
The Reluctant Raiders is perhaps the most documented and researched book on a United States Navy land-based squadron flying the PB4Y-1 Liberator and PB4Y-2 Privateer. The final result of five years of research, the book traces the squadron's history from its commissioning in August 1943, to the final days of World War II, including: never before published combat and nose art photography; the squadron's tactical organization; a chronology of each combat aircrew's mission record; personnel killed in action; and an appendix containing Japanese shipping and aircraft destroyed or damaged by the squadron
- Author: Alan C. Carey
- Publication Date: 1999-03-01
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Binding: Hardcover, 240 pages
- Brand: Brand: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 934L x 636W x 97H
- Weight: 202
- List Price: $29.95
- ISBN: 0764307576
- ASIN: 0764307576
- We Flew Alone: United States Navy B-24 Squadrons in the Pacific February 1943 to September 1944 (Schiffer Military History)
- Above an Angry Sea: United States Navy B-24 Liberator and PBY-2 Privateer Operations in the Pacific o October 1944 - August 1945 (Schiffer Military History)
- Consolidated-Vultee PB4Y-2 Privateer: The Operational History Of The U.s. Navy's World War Ii Patrol/bomber Aircraft
- U.S. Navy PB4Y-1 (B-24) Liberator Squadrons: in Great Britain during World War II (Schiffer Military History Book)
- The Dead and Those About to Die: D-Day: The Big Red One at Omaha Beach