Once a Warrior--Always a Warrior: Navigating The Transition From Combat To Home--Including Combat Stress, Ptsd, And Mtbi
Being back home can be as difficult, if not more so, than the time spent serving in a combat zone. It’s with this truth that Colonel Charles W. Hoge, MD, a leading advocate for eliminating the stigma of mental health care, presents Once a Warrior―Always a Warrior, a groundbreaking resource with essential new insights for anyone who has ever returned home from a war zone.
In clear practical language, Dr. Hoge explores the latest knowledge in combat stress, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), mTBI (mild traumatic brain injury), other physiological reactions to war, and their treatment options. Recognizing that warriors and family members both change during deployment, he helps them better understand each other’s experience, especially living with enduring survival skills from the combat environment that are often viewed as “symptoms” back home. The heart of this book focuses on what’s necessary to successfully navigate the transition―“LANDNAV” for the home front.
Once a Warrior―Always a Warrior shows how a warrior’s knowledge and skills are vital for living at peace in an insane world.
- Author: Charles Hoge
- Publication Date: 2010-02-23
- Publisher: Lyons Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Lyons Press
- Binding: Paperback, 328 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 100L x 600W x 875H
- Weight: 95
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 600W x 90H
- Weight: 95
- List Price: $18.95
- ISBN: 0762754427
- ASIN: 0762754427
- War and the Soul: Healing Our Nation's Veterans from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Warrior's Return: Restoring the Soul After War
- Courage After Fire: Coping Strategies for Troops Returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and Their Families
- Fields of Combat: Understanding PTSD among Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan (The Culture and Politics of Health Care Work)
- Loving Someone with PTSD: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Connecting with Your Partner after Trauma (The New Harbinger Loving Someone Series)