Once a Warrior--Always a Warrior: Navigating the Transition from Combat to Home--Including Combat Stress, PTSD, and mTBI
Being back home can be as difficult, if not more so, than the time spent serving in a combat zone. It’s with this truth that Colonel Charles W. Hoge, MD, a leading advocate for eliminating the stigma of mental health care, presents Once a WarriorAlways a Warrior, a groundbreaking resource with essential new insights for anyone who has ever returned home from a war zone.
In clear practical language, Dr. Hoge explores the latest knowledge in combat stress, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), mTBI (mild traumatic brain injury), other physiological reactions to war, and their treatment options. Recognizing that warriors and family members both change during deployment, he helps them better understand each other’s experience, especially living with enduring survival skills from the combat environment that are often viewed as symptoms” back home. The heart of this book focuses on what’s necessary to successfully navigate the transitionLANDNAV” for the home front.
Once a WarriorAlways a Warrior shows how a warrior’s knowledge and skills are vital for living at peace in an insane world.
- Author: Charles W. Hoge M.D.
- Publication Date: 2010-02-23
- Publisher: GPP Life
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: GPP Life
- Binding: Paperback, 328 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 600W x 90H
- Weight: 95
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 610W x 100H
- Weight: 45
- List Price: $18.95
- ISBN: 0762754427
- ASIN: 0762754427
- Courage After Fire: Coping Strategies for Troops Returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and Their Families
- War and the Soul: Healing Our Nation's Veterans from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Treating PTSD in Military Personnel: A Clinical Handbook
- After the War Zone: A Practical Guide for Returning Troops and Their Families
- Once a Warrior: Wired For Life