Flying the SR-71 Blackbird: In the Cockpit on a Secret Operational Mission
For anyone who has ever wondered what its like to fly the SR-71 on a secret Mach 3 reconnaissance mission, this book has the answer. Flying the SR-71 Blackbird takes readers along on an operational mission that only a few Air Force pilots have ever experienced.
The Lockheed SR-71, unofficially known as the Blackbird, was an advanced, long-range, Mach 3 strategic reconnaissance aircraft developed by Lockheed Skunk Works. The aircraft flew so fast and high that not one was ever shot down, even by a missile. SR-71 pilot and instructor Colonel Richard Graham offers a rare cockpit perspective on how regular Air Force pilots and navigators transformed themselves into SR-71 Blackbird crews, turning their unique aviation talents to account in an unprecedented way.
Arguably the worlds foremost expert on piloting the Blackbird, Graham details, as no one else could, what an SR-71 mission entails, from donning a pressure suit to returning to base.
- Author: Richard H. Graham
- Publication Date: 2008-07-15
- Publisher: Zenith Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Zenith Press
- Binding: Hardcover, 288 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 650L x 125W x 950H
- Weight: 136
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 620W x 120H
- Weight: 135
- List Price: $28.00
- ISBN: 0760332398
- ASIN: 0760332398
- SR-71 Blackbird: Stories, Tales, and Legends
- SR-71: The Complete Illustrated History of the Blackbird, The World's Highest, Fastest Plane
- SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story
- Skunk Works: A Personal Memoir of My Years at Lockheed
- The Complete Book of the SR-71 Blackbird: The Illustrated Profile of Every Aircraft, Crew, and Breakthrough of the World's Fastest Stealth Jet