On August 6, 1945, Hiroshima was destroyed by the first atom bomb ever dropped on a city. This book, John Hersey's journalistic masterpiece, tells what happened on that day. Told through the memories of survivors, this timeless, powerful and compassionate document has become a classic "that stirs the conscience of humanity" (The New York Times).
Almost four decades after the original publication of this celebrated book, John Hersey went back to Hiroshima in search of the people whose stories he had told. His account of what he discovered about them is now the eloquent and moving final chapter of Hiroshima.
- Author: John Hersey
- Publication Date: 1989-03-04
- Publisher: Vintage
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Vintage
- Binding: Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
- Brand: Vintage
- Great product!
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 419L x 46W x 689H
- Weight: 100
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 680L x 420W x 20H
- Weight: 40
- List Price: $7.95
- ISBN: 0679721037
- ASIN: 0679721037
- Prompt and Utter Destruction: Truman and the Use of Atomic Bombs against Japan, Revised Edition
- Nagasaki: Life After Nuclear War
- American Diplomacy: Sixtieth-Anniversary Expanded Edition (Walgreen Foundation Lectures)
- The Vietnam War: A Concise International History (Very Short Introductions)
- Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis