The Longest Day: The Classic Epic of D-Day
The classic account of the Allied invasion of Normandy.
The Longest Day is Cornelius Ryan's unsurpassed account of D-Day, a book that endures as a masterpiece of military history. In this compelling tale of courage and heroism, glory and tragedy, Ryan painstakingly recreates the fateful hours that preceded and followed the massive invasion of Normandy to retell the story of an epic battle that would turn the tide against world fascism and free Europe from the grip of Nazi Germany.
This book, first published in 1959, is a must for anyone who loves history, as well as for anyone who wants to better understand how free nations prevailed at a time when darkness enshrouded the earth.
- Author: Cornelius Ryan
- Publication Date: 1994-05-01
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Simon & Schuster
- Binding: Paperback, 352 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 550L x 90W x 844H
- Weight: 135
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 840L x 560W x 100H
- Weight: 45
- List Price: $17.00
- ISBN: 0671890913
- ASIN: 0671890913
- D-Day: June 6, 1944: The Battle for the Normandy Beaches
- A Bridge Too Far: The Classic History of the Greatest Battle of World War II
- The Dead and Those About to Die: D-Day: The Big Red One at Omaha Beach
- Overlord: D-Day and the Battle for Normandy
- Last Battle: The Classic History of the Battle for Berlin