The Snitch, Houdini and Me: Humorous Tales of Death-defying Childhood Misadventure
"Go Out and Play and Don't Come Home until it's Dark."
Growing up in the 70's wasn't easy. No internet or smartphones, video games or HDTV -- nothing but time to kill and the endless potential of a summer day.
Join Johnny on this hilarious and irreverent romp through his childhood as he recounts the stories that made him what he is today - an unimportant cog in a vast, corporate financial services machine. But he wasn't always this way, and this book is proof.
Booby traps, severed deer legs, runaway bulldozers, young love and fresh cow pies -- all this and more, brought to life by Johnny's sometimes twisted, sometimes touching but always hilarious tales of suburban childhood. If you have kids of your own, these are the stories you don't want them to read. If you like to laugh even when it's wrong and long to return to a more innocent yet treacherous time, this book will leave you wishing Johnny's childhood had never ended.
Important Note: This book is not intended for young readers. It does contain some profanity and may not be suitable for all audiences. There is a PG Kindle version available at: amazon.com/dp/B00DSOUU82
- Author: Johnny Virgil
- Publication Date: 2011-08-14
- Publisher: JV Enterprises
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: JV Enterprises
- Binding: Paperback, 250 pages
- Brand: Brand: JV Enterprises
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 63W x 900H
- Weight: 82
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 590W x 90H
- Weight: 90
- List Price: $9.95
- ISBN: 0615386938
- ASIN: 0615386938
- The Murderous Urges Of Ordinary Women
- God Does Have a Sense of Humor
- Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
- Humorous Stories and Sketches (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Hey Ranger!: True Tales of Humor & Misadventure from America's National Parks