God Does Have a Sense of Humor
WINNER, 2007 Military Writers' Society of America Gold Medal for HumorAuthor Rob Ballister delivers a touching and entertaining portrait of his journey through dating, growing up in New Jersey, and surviving cancer. Along the way, he learns that God Does Have a Sense of Humor. Follow him:Through surgery-My understanding was that the doctor, while hopping up and down on one foot and singing the national anthem, was going to remove my lymph nodes using a butter knife, a hacksaw, and some 10W-30 motor oil.Into the confessional-There sat Father Riener, who was technically old enough to have been one of the original apostles. As I began reciting my list, Father began falling asleep. Being only in the fourth grade, I did exactly what I did at home when my younger sister fell asleep. I kicked him.Through family Christmas traditions-That first year, Dad put up a wreath and Mom put up a tree, and things were pretty much low key that season. Then I was born, and as I grew, so did Dad's commitment to having the house visible from orbiting spacecraft.With an incredibly wry sense of humor, Ballister offers a hilarious look at life, guaranteed to make you smile!
- Author: Rob Ballister
- Publication Date: 2005-09-07
- Publisher: iUniverse, Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: iUniverse, Inc.
- Binding: Paperback, 248 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 600W x 57H
- Weight: 82
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 590W x 70H
- Weight: 75
- List Price: $16.95
- ISBN: 0595363431
- ASIN: 0595363431
- Laughter the Best Medicine: A Laugh-Out-Loud Collection of our Funniest Jokes, Quotes, Stories & Cartoons(Reader's Digest)
- The Murderous Urges Of Ordinary Women
- The Women's Daily Irony Supplement
- The Snitch, Houdini and Me: Humorous Tales of Death-defying Childhood Misadventure
- Hey Ranger!: True Tales of Humor & Misadventure from America's National Parks