Galloping Ghosts of the Brazilian Coast: United States Naval Air Operations in the South Atlantic during World War II
Galloping Ghosts of the Brazilian Coast: United States Naval Air Operations in the South Atlantic During World War II is the story of United States Navy combat aircrews, their counterparts in the Brazilian Air Force, and those who served aboard German U-boats in the South Atlantic during World War II. It covers efforts by the United States Navy to protect the flow of strategic materials, men, and military equipment from ports in South America to points around the Western Hemisphere and Europe.Between January 1943 and September 1944, United States Navy air units sank 16 German U-boats and one Italian submarine in the course of providing aerial coverage for Allied and neutral merchant shipping and conducting anti-submarine sweeps in the South Atlantic.Taken from official sources and personal recollections, Galloping Ghosts of the Brazilian Coast provides an in-depth analysis of United States Navy air operations against German and Italian submarines.
- Author: Alan Carey
- Publication Date: 2004-06-09
- Publisher: iUniverse, Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: iUniverse, Inc.
- Binding: Paperback, 156 pages
- Brand: Brand: iUniverse, Inc.
- ISBN13: 9780595315277
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 35L x 591W x 886H
- Weight: 54
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 880L x 590W x 50H
- Weight: 65
- List Price: $14.95
- ISBN: 0595315275
- ASIN: 0595315275