Basic Training for Dummies
The easy way to prepare for basic training
Each year, thousands of young Americans attempt to enlist in the U.S. Armed Services. A number of factors during a soldier's training could inhibit successful enlistment, including mental toughness and physical fitness levels. Basic Training For Dummies covers the ins and outs of this initial process, preparing you for the challenges you?ll face before you head off for basic training..
You'll get detailed, week-by-week information on what to expect in basic training for each branch of service, such as physical training, discipline, classroom instruction, drill and ceremony, obstacle courses, simulated war games, self-defense, marksmanship, and other milestones.
- Tips and information on getting in shape to pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- All-important advice on what to pack for boot camp
- Other title by Powers: ASVAB For Dummies Premier, 3rd Edition, Veterans Benefits For Dummies
Whether you join the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, or the Coast Guard, Basic Training For Dummies prepares you for the challenge and will help you survive and thrive in boot camp!
- Author: Rod Powers
- Publication Date: 2011-09-27
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: John Wiley & Sons
- Binding: Paperback, 384 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 740L x 75W x 920H
- Weight: 126
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 920L x 730W x 90H
- Weight: 130
- List Price: $19.99
- ISBN: 0470881232
- ASIN: 0470881232