The Forgotten 500: The Untold Story of the Men Who Risked All for the Greatest Rescue Mission of World War II
Now in paperback the "amazing"( James Bradley, New York Times bestselling author of Flags of Our Fathers) never-before-told story of the greatest escape of the Second World War.
In 1944 the OSS set out to recover more than 500 downed airmen trapped behind enemy lines in Yugoslavia. Classified for over half a century for political reasons, the full account of this unforgettable story of loyalty, self-sacrifice, and bravery is now being told for the first time.
- Author: Gregory A. Freeman
- Publication Date: 2008-09-02
- Publisher: NAL
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: NAL
- Binding: Paperback, 336 pages
- Brand: Freeman, Gregory A.
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 590L x 70W x 890H
- Weight: 85
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 590W x 80H
- Weight: 75
- List Price: $16.00
- ISBN: 0451224957
- ASIN: 0451224957
- A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World W ar II
- Behind Hitler's Lines: The True Story of the Only Soldier to Fight for both America and the Soviet Union in World War II
- If You Survive: From Normandy to the Battle of the Bulge to the End of World War II, One American Officer's Riveting True Story
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
- Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates: The Forgotten War That Changed American History