Combat Corpsman: The Vietnam Memoir of a Navy Seals Medic
All his life, Greg McPartlin wanted to be a Marine corpsman, a medic skilled at saving lives. Three months of "bagging-and-tagging" bodies during Vietnam's Tet Offensive took the luster off being a Marine-but not off McPartlin's desire to serve his country.
After assisting in the sea-recovery of Apollo 11-the first ship to bring men to the moon-the twenty-year-old McPartlin was redeployed to Vietnam as an elite Navy SEAL. Barred as a medic by the Geneva Convention from the make-or-break training considered vital to service as a Navy SEAL, McPartlin had to show he had what it took.
In a war where soldiers partied with their buddies in Saigon one day and crawled through an enemy-infested jungle hell the next, McPartlin proved that he was not only an outstanding medic but a real Navy SEAL-the toughest of the tough.
Combat Corpsman is McPartlin's account of his year in what had been a Viet Cong stronghold until the SEALs took control. It's the first inside story of a Navy SEAL medic, a man who wanted to heal-not to kill-but did both to save lives.
- Author: Greg McPartlin
- Publication Date: 2005-11-01
- Publisher: Berkley Trade
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Berkley Trade
- Binding: Paperback, 336 pages
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 590W x 100H
- Weight: 80
- List Price: $22.00
- ISBN: 0425205827
- ASIN: 0425205827
- Corpsman Up
- The Untold Experiences of a Navy Corpsman: A US Navy Hospital Corpsman with a US Marine Corps Reconnaissance Patrol Team in the 1950's on Covert Korea
- Battle Ready: Memoir of a SEAL Warrior Medic
- Battlefield Angels: Saving Lives Under Enemy Fire From Valley Forge to Afghanistan (General Military)
- Doc: Heroic Stories of Medics,Corpsmen,and Surgeons in Combat