Plagiarism: A How-Not-to Guide for Students
Barry Gilmore is participating in a FREE on-line roundtable webinar "Plagiarism in the Digital Age: Voices from the Front Lines -- What's Happening in High Schools Now." To learn more visit www.plagiarism.org <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- speaks directly to students in lively language about what plagiarism is and how it happens
- presents case studies drawn from real-world events as well as student examples
- never talks down and invites students to think and talk about plagiarism
- outlines the consequences of plagiarism without resorting to fear or intimidation.
- get explicit guidelines for MLA and APA citation
- find out how to use search engines well and document their results appropriately
- learn to properly summarize and paraphrase third-party material
- understand what is common knowledge and what isn't.
Hear a podcast where Barry Gilmore answers Carol Jago's questions about responding to and preventing plagiarism.
Save 20% off the web price when you buy 5 packs of Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students.
- Author: Barry Gilmore
- Publication Date: 2009-02-05
- Publisher: Heinemann
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Heinemann
- Binding: Paperback, 104 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 906L x 748W x 39H
- Weight: 45
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 720W x 30H
- Weight: 40
- List Price: $11.88
- ISBN: 0325026432
- ASIN: 0325026432