The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor
The heartbreaking and inspiring story of one of America's deadliest battles during the war in Afghanistan, acclaimed by critics everywhere as a classic.
At 5:58 AM on October 3rd, 2009, Combat Outpost Keating, located in frighteningly vulnerable terrain in Afghanistan just 14 miles from the Pakistani border, was viciously attacked. Though the 53 Americans there prevailed against nearly 400 Taliban fighters, their casualties made it the deadliest fight of the war for the U.S. that year. Four months after the battle, a Pentagon review revealed that there was no reason for the troops at Keating to have been there in the first place.
In THE OUTPOST, Jake Tapper gives us the powerful saga of COP Keating, from its establishment to eventual destruction, introducing us to an unforgettable cast of soldiers and their families, and to a place and war that has remained profoundly distant to most Americans. A runaway bestseller, it makes a savage war real, and American courage manifest.
- Author: Jake Tapper
- Publication Date: 2012-11-13
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
- Binding: Hardcover, 688 pages
- Brand: Little, Brown and Company
- Great product!
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 930L x 640W x 180H
- Weight: 205
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 930L x 600W x 220H
- Weight: 220
- List Price: $29.99
- ISBN: 0316185396
- ASIN: 0316185396
- Living with Honor: A Memoir
- Lions of Kandahar: The Story of a Fight Against All Odds
- Into the Fire: A Firsthand Account of the Most Extraordinary Battle in the Afghan War
- No Way Out: A Story of Valor in the Mountains of Afghanistan
- Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan