Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer
A special 10th anniversary edition of Roy Peter Clark's bestselling guide to writing, featuring five bonus tools.
10 years ago, Roy Peter Clark, America's most influential writing teacher, whittled down almost 30 years of experience in journalism, writing, and teaching into a series of 50 short essays on different aspects of writing. In the past decade, WRITING TOOLS has become a classic guidebook for novices and experts alike and remains one of the best loved books on writing available.
Organized into four sections, "Nuts and Bolts," "Special Effects," "Blueprints for Stories," and "Useful Habits," WRITING TOOLS is infused with more than 200 examples from journalism and literature. This new edition includes five brand new, never-before-shared tools.
Accessible, entertaining, inspiring, and above all, useful for every type of writer, from high school student to novelist, WRITING TOOLS is essential reading.
- Author: Roy Peter Clark
- Publication Date: 2008-01-10
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
- Binding: Paperback, 288 pages
- Brand: Clark, Roy Peter
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 550L x 75W x 825H
- Weight: 54
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 820L x 540W x 90H
- Weight: 60
- List Price: $16.00
- ISBN: 0316014990
- ASIN: 0316014990
- On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
- The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need: A One-Stop Source for Every Writing Assignment
- The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition
- How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life