Apache Dawn: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
The Apache attack helicopter is one of the world’s most awesome weapons systems. Deployed for the first time in Afghanistan, it has already passed into legend. The only thing more incredible than the Apache itself are the pilots who fly her. For the first time, Apache Dawn tells their story—and their baptism of fire in the unforgiving battle of Helmand province.
Their call sign was “Ugly”—and there was no better word for the grueling hundred-day deployment they endured. Day after day, four of England’s Army Air Corps’ finest pilots flew right into the heart of battle, testing their aircraft to the very limit. Apache Dawn takes the reader with them on a series of unrelenting and brutally intense combat missions, from daring, edge-of-the-seat rescues to dramatic close-air support in the white heat of battle.
Bestselling author Damien Lewis has been given unprecedented access to these heroic aircrews and to the men on the ground whose lives they saved. It is an astounding story of bravery, skill, and resilience in the face of unbelievable odds. And it is the story of the Apache itself—the ultimate fighting machine.
- Author: Damien Lewis
- Publication Date: 2010-11-23
- Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: St. Martin's Griffin
- Binding: Paperback, 304 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 550L x 90W x 840H
- Weight: 95
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 850L x 550W x 81H
- Weight: 108
- List Price: $16.99
- ISBN: 0312610890
- ASIN: 0312610890
- Apache: Inside the Cockpit of the World's Most Deadly Fighting Machine
- The Night Stalkers: Top Secret Missions of the U.S. Army's Special Operations Aviation Regiment
- After Action: The True Story of a Cobra Pilot's Journey
- A Nightmare's Prayer: A Marine Harrier Pilot's War in Afghanistan
- Born in Brooklyn.... Raised in the CAV!