Chosen Soldier: The Making of a Special Forces Warrior
An unprecedented view of Green Beret training, drawn from the year Dick Couch spent at Special Forces training facilities with the Army’s most elite soldiers.
In combating terror, America can no longer depend on its conventional military superiority and the use of sophisticated technology. More than ever, we need men like those of the Army Special Forces–the legendary Green Berets.
Following the experiences of one class of soldiers as they endure this physically and mentally exhausting ordeal, Couch spells out in fascinating detail the demanding selection process and grueling field exercises, the high-level technical training and intensive language courses, and the simulated battle problems that test everything from how well SF candidates gather operational intelligence to their skills at negotiating with volatile, often hostile, local leaders. Chosen Soldier paints a vivid portrait of an elite group, and a process that forges America’s smartest, most versatile, and most valuable fighting force.
- Author: Dick Couch
- Publication Date: 2008-03-25
- Publisher: Three Rivers Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Three Rivers Press
- Binding: Paperback, 416 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 516L x 89W x 799H
- Weight: 72
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 795L x 512W x 102H
- Weight: 75
- List Price: $16.00
- ISBN: 0307339394
- ASIN: 0307339394
- The Guerrilla Factory: The Making of Special Forces Officers, the Green Berets
- Gentlemen Bastards: On the Ground in Afghanistan with America's Elite Special Forces
- Sua Sponte: The Forging of a Modern American Ranger
- Delta Force: A Memoir by the Founder of the U.S. Military's Most Secretive Special-Operations Unit