The Trident: The Forging and Reforging of a Navy SEAL Leader
Decorated US Navy SEAL lieutenant Jason Redman served his country courageously and with distinction in Colombia, Peru, Afghanistan, and Iraq, where he commanded mobility and assault forces. He conducted over forty capture/kill missions with his men in Iraq, locating more than 120 al-Qaida insurgents. But his journey was not without supreme challenges—both emotional and physical. Redman is brutally honest about his struggles to learn how to be an effective leader, yet that effort pales beside the story of his critical wounding in 2007 while leading a mission against a key al-Qaida commander. On that mission his team was ambushed and he was struck by machine-gun fire at point-blank range.
During the intense recovery period that followed, Redman gained national attention when he posted a sign on his door at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, warning all who entered not to "feel sorry for [his] wounds." His sign became both a statement and a symbol for wounded warriors everywhere.
From his grueling SEAL training to his search for a balance between arrogance and humility, Redman shares it all in this inspiring and unforgettable account. He speaks candidly of the grit that sustained him despite grievous wounds, and of the extraordinary love and devotion of his wife, Erica, and his family, without whom he would not have survived.
Vivid and powerful, emotionally resonant and illuminating, The Trident traces the evolution of a modern warrior, husband, and father, a man who has come to embody the never-say-die spirit that defines the SEALs, one of America's elite fighting forces.
- Publication Date: 2013-11-05
- Publisher: William Morrow
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: William Morrow
- Binding: Hardcover, 400 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 128W x 900H
- Weight: 129
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 590W x 140H
- Weight: 120
- List Price: $26.99
- ISBN: 0062208314
- ASIN: 0062208314
- Unbreakable: A Navy SEAL's Way of Life
- Danny: The Virtues Within
- Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan
- The Red Circle: My Life in the Navy SEAL Sniper Corps and How I Trained America's Deadliest Marksmen
- Honor and Betrayal: The Untold Story of the Navy SEALs Who Captured the "Butcher of Fallujah"--and the Shameful Ordeal They Later Endured