Once An Eagle
Once An Eagle is the story of one special man, a soldier named Sam Damon, and his adversary over a lifetime, fellow officer Courtney Massengale. Damon is a professional who puts duty, honor, and the men he commands above self interest. Massengale, however, brilliantly advances by making the right connections behind the lines and in Washington's corridors of power.
Beginning in the French countryside during the Great War, the conflict between these adversaries solidifies in the isolated garrison life marking peacetime, intensifies in the deadly Pacific jungles of World War 11, and reaches its treacherous conclusion in the last major battleground of the Cold War -- Vietnam.
A study in character and values, courage, nobility, honesty, and selflessness, here is an unforgettable story about a man who embdies the best in our nation -- and in us all.
- Author: Anton Myrer
- Publication Date: 2002-05-07
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: HarperCollins
- Binding: Paperback, 1312 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 796L x 530W x 219H
- Weight: 2160000
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 820L x 530W x 220H
- Weight: 240
- List Price: $18.99
- ISBN: 0060084359
- ASIN: 0060084359
- Once an Eagle
- We Were Soldiers Once...and Young: Ia Drang - The Battle That Changed the War in Vietnam
- Taking the Guidon: Exceptional Leadership at the Company Level
- Company Commander: The Classic Infantry Memoir of World War II
- Dereliction of Duty: Johnson, McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam